NEW DELHI: CBSE had declared the JEE Main 2017 result for a short span of time on its official website for exam results. However, the link is not functional anymore which can be attributed to technical failure. Students are advised to keep calm and not panic as the link would be functional soon. Today the result will be declared only for paper 1. This is because the score for paper 1 is only considered when shortlisting candidates for JEE Advanced exam. The overall result with All India Rank will be displayed sometime later. The JEE Main result will now comprise only of the marks scored in paper 1 and a candidate’s eligibility status for JEE Advanced exam.
In another update posted on the CBSE website, the JEE Main 2017 result will be released today.
How to check JEE Main 2017 result
Step one: Go to CBSE results portal: cbseresults.nic.in
Step two: Click on the link for JEE Main 2017 result.
Step three: Enter your roll number and date of birth and click on submit.
Step four: Check and download your result.
JEE Main 2017 Result window was open on cbseresults.nic.in for a short span of time.
Your JEE Main 2017 score card will have your Common Meirt List rank and Category rank only.
Here are some points you must keep in mind while checking your JEE Main 2017 result.
1. The result will not be declared yet for Paper 2, so stay patient.
2. The website might crash. If that happens, wait and check your result after a while.
3. If you are qualified for JEE Advanced, we suggest you check the application procedure for JEE Advanced and be prepared with necessary documents to apply. Application for JEE Advanced starts tomorrow.
4. For other candidates, it is time to check their eligibility for other institutes which participate in JEE Main and offer admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
5. If your scores are not good enough, do not lose heart and stay positive. There’s always a second option and a second chance.