NEW DELHI: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue the first-ever Rs 200 denomination banknotes tomorrow. The currency note is expected to address liquidity issue and also reduce the burden on the Rs 100 note.
The Reserve Bank of India will issue on August 25, Rs 200 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, RBI Governor,” RBI said in a release.
The new denomination has Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse. The base colour of the note is Bright Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse,” RBI said.
The circulation of the new note is likely to bridge the shortage of small currency denomenation notes that have faced a shortage after introduction of Rs 2000 note and demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes. RBI also expects the new note t ..
2. See through register with denominational numeral 200. Latent image with denominational numeral 200
3.Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘India’ and ‘200’
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted
8. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, Rs 200 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right
9. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
12. For visually impaired: Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised Identification mark H with micro-text ₹200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides
18. Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 146 mm